Wednesday, 25 August 2010

Slow progress on the van this week. As well as working on another job the van's been at the panelbeaters having a tidy up. As far as selling coffees and the expenses involved I've "done my numbers" so to speak, today I showed them to the coffee bean man and he said they looked alright. I've obtained some rimu tongue and groove panelling for the back and sides of the service area so when I get the van back can make a start. Getting my head around local council regulations, it is they who issue the mobile vendor and health permits, and the list of regulations is long, while information on meeting them adequately, what can and can't, must and must not - such detailed information is more difficult to obtain. I've obtained business insurance, but am yet to obtain public liability insurance. I'm still trying to find out what size inverter I need to convert 12 volts DC to 240 volts AC and how many deep cycle batteries I'll need to drive it. I'm attending a business course on friday, need to get versed on that side of things, as well as tax and accounting.
It's all left me feeling a bit flat these past few days.