Saturday, 14 August 2010

Big Changes



The Australian fruit picking adventure has come to an end and it's time for a new direction. Jenny and I have parted ways, although since splitting we lived and worked together on the orchards for the last season, and ended up getting on better than we did when we were a couple. So it's not an easy thing saying goodbye to her and returning to New Zealand in mid winter, sleeping on a mates couch (said mate and wife having a fifteen month old baby), working during the day on a building site while trying to set up my new mobile espresso van project, trying to raise a little finance, organise a business plan,
blah blah. I have a van to build upon though, a 1975 CF Bedford, only travelled just under 18000km, due to being a rescue vehicle in a small town fire station from 1993 until I purchased it, before that being the fire tender at the "Cherry Farm" psychiatric hospital.
Of course it's turning out to be more complex than bunging an espresso machine in the back of a van and filling cups. Business insurance, public liability insurance, pure sinewave inverters, deep cycle marine batteries, various types of mobile refrigeration, water pressures, council regulations, tax obligations, mobile eftpos, graphic design, coffee beans, milk suppliers..... I'm still at the stage where this list is getting longer. Once it begins to shorten I'll feel better I'm sure.

1 comment:

eroica said...

consider me a willing assistant... just let me know if there is anything i can help with!
even if that just means keeping you sane by dragging you out of work mode once in a while :-)

ps. sapporo is made in canada... who knew!?!?