Sunday, 11 October 2009

Olomouc Aviation Museum


On the outskirts of Olomouc in a delapidated old aircraft hangar near the airport is a little known museum dedicated to military aviation. Actually it is an odd collection of Soviet and Czechoslovak made equipment, from a complete MIG21, various partly dismantled planes, rockets, jet engines, ejection seats and the like. It's not really organised in any way, although there is some descriptive text in Czech. For fans of military aviation history it would be fascinating. To get there take tram 7 all the way to the end of the line at the crematorium, then follow the same road away from the town for about 500 metres, the gate is on the left. From october the museum is only open on weekends from 9:00am until 5:00pm.





4 comments:

gmail.com said...

I’m taken aback how well this blog is written and organized. Well done!

Exito personal said...

Hello, great web site. I’m very delighted. Fantastic job. The articles are superb. I also run a blog, stop sometimes to me. I hope you enjoy it too.

Videos Youtube español said...

Thanks for making the honest strive to give an explanation for this. I think very sturdy approximately it and wish to be informed more. If it’s OK, as you

IKEA Descuentos said...

Admiring the commitment you put into your blog and in depth insight you present here. It’s nice to find a blog every once in a while that is not all the same outdated rehashed information. Excellent work! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your site link to my Bookmarks today. Imagine, I love your website so much that I would like to advertise my own site on it